Some Injury Updates
Sources I used are from NFL.com and fantasyalarm.com/Rotoinfo.com:
- Arizona’s RB Ryan Williams (knee) is likely not to participate on the third preseason game against the Chargers which is making it harder for Williams to keep his roster spot.
- Buffalo Bills WR Stevie Johnson is planning to participate on the third preseason game against the Redskins after going through a hamstring injury.
- Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles returned from a strained right foot injury to practice yesterday with the team. The injury wasn’t serious and if it was a regular season game then Charles would have played no matter what.
- Tennessee Titans TE Delanie Walker was activated from the PUP list today.
- Houston Texans activated WR DeVier Posey (achilles tendon) from the PUP list as well.
- Tampa Bay Bucs G Carl Nicks had a set back from toe surgery. Apparently he received a infected blister on his toe and his time table to return is still unknown.
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert is going to miss the rest of the preseason with an injured thumb (hairline fracture) on his throwing arm but head coach Gus Bradley of the Jaguars has already stated that Gabbert will indeed be the starting QB in Week 1.
- Houston Texans RB Arian Foster will not practice today due to back soreness that has affected his legs as well. It might seem that Foster’s chances on coming back to play in the preseason is near zero. Expect him to play in the regular season opener if Foster does make some progress with the back soreness.
- Baltimore Ravens TE Ed Dickson (hamstring) practiced today.
- Indianapolis Colts LB Lawrence Sidbury is dealing with a shoulder injury and he is considered day-to-day as of right now.
- New England Patriots WR Danny Amendola was not spotted in practice today. His reason of absence is still unknown.
- Houston Texans confirmed that WR DeAndre Hopkins did indeed sustain a concussion and it is more likely that he will miss the third preseason game against the New Orleans Saints.
- Tampa Bay Bucs RB Doug Martin (head injury, not a concussion) returned to practice today (without contact) and apparently Martin is feeling fine. Indications have pointed that he will participate in the third preseason game against the Miami Dolphins but the Bucs haven’t confirmed that.
- Minnesota Vikings WR Jarius Wright suffered a concussion this past Friday and is more likely that he will miss the third preseason game.