Morning NFL Notes
Photo Credit: Bleacherreport.com
- Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins suffered a concussion during yesterday’s game against the Dolphins. Apparently Hopkins was stumbling and not acting like himself via pro football talk.
- Dolphins TE Dustin Keller received a leg/knee injury and his season is over because of that knee injury via Pro Football Talk
- Titans WR Kendall Wright received a knee injury during yesterday’s preseason game against the Bengals. Early indications have pointed that Wright thinks he received a knee sprain rather than a ACL tear via NFL.com.
- Broncos CB Champ Bailey suffered a foot injury during yesterday’s preseason game against the Seahawks. Bailey was seen walking with crutches after the game via NFL.com. WR Wes Welker suffered a right ankle sprain during the same game via NFL.com. DE Derek Wolfe suffered a cervical spine injury but all MRI tests returned negative so he was able to fly home with the team via NFL.com. RG Louis Vasquez didn’t return to the game after having received a left knee injury in the 2nd quarter via NFL.com.
- Raiders CB D.J. Hayden has been cleared for contact.
- Jets OLB Quinton Coples might miss 3-4 weeks with a hairline fracture on his ankle that he received in the 2nd preseason game via ESPN.com.
- Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert sprained his thumb on his throwing hand in the 2nd quarter of the 2nd preseason game via Pro Football Talk.
- Titans LB Akeem Ayers left yesterday’s preseason game with an ankle injury via NFL.com. According to Titans head coach the injury appeared to be a bruise via NFL.com
- Chargers announced that WR Eddie Royal received a brusied lung and a possible concussion via Pro Football Talk.