Broncos injury update of last night’s preseason game.
The Denver Broncos 2nd preseason game was a disaster and it wasn’t because they lost against the Seahawks by a huge score. It was because 5 players received injuries during the game. The 5 players were: CB Champ Bailey (Foot), WR Wes Welker (Ankle), LB Stewart Bradley (Wrist), G Louis Vasquez (Knee) and DE Derek Wolfe (Neck).
- Champ Bailey checked his foot to see if there were any torn ligaments. According to Lindsay Jones from USA TODAY Sports, an MRI showed that Bailey’s foot didn’t have any torn ligaments. However according to Ian Rapoport, Bailey’s foot injury is a serious foot sprain that could sideline him for several weeks. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie should take Bailey’s place while he is healing his foot injury throughout the preseason.
- Wes Welker received an ankle injury during last night’s game and it was an ankle injury. According to Ian Rapoport, Welker’s injury is a mild ankle sprain. Also Welker “mild” injury seems that he will be ready in the regular season opener.
- There hasn’t been an update on Bradley’s wrist injury but it didn’t seem too serious.
- Louis Vasquez’s knee injury didn’t seem to serious either. According to NFL.com, Louis Vasquez just tweaked his knee and the reason he left was for precautionary reasons.
- The worst injury that happened in the game was Derek Wolfe’s neck injury where he had to be put on a stretcher and taken by an ambulance to a hospital. However according to Lindsay Jones Wolfe tests reported back negative and he was able to fly back with the team. A scary experience for Wolfe.
Broncos practice on Monday and have today, Sunday, off which is probably a good thing after 5 players left the game early on Saturday due to injury.